1921: Council forms, named Atlanta Girl Scouts, Inc., includes Fulton and DeKalb counties. 30 troops organize and serve 562 girls.
1924: Camp Civitania (renamed Camp Timber Ridge in 1953) entrusted to council by Civitan Club. First Golden Eaglet awards go to Edna Karston and Elizabeth Skeen.
1925: Camp Civitania has 1st summer season with 35 weekly campers.
1930: Girl Scout Regional Conference held in Atlanta with four states represented.
1936: First Annual Cookie Sale.
1943: First four African American troops with 108 girls.
1949: Council moves to 1044 W. Peachtree Street.
1955: Council moves to 968 W. Peachtree Street. Serves 9,000 girls.
1956: 64 Georgia teens attend first Girl Scout Roundup in Michigan.
1958: Camp Pine Acres (formerly Camp Carver) leased.
1959: Clayton, Douglas, Newton, Paulding, and Rockdale Counties added to council.
1962: Gwinnett County added.
1964: Bartow, Cobb, Floyd, Whitfield Counties, and 12 Lone Troops added. Name changes to Greater Atlanta Girl Scout Council.
1965: Cherokee, Fannin, Gilmer, Gordon, Murray, Pickens, Polk, part of Catoosa and Walker Counties, and part of Polk County, TN added. Name changes to Northwest Georgia Girl Scout Council.
1966: 25,000 Girl Scouts and friends attend “Sounds of Girl Scouting” at Atlanta Stadium (Fulton County).
1970: 10,000 Girl Scouts participate in “Open House Atlanta” to celebrate council’s 50th birthday.
1983: Girl Scout Olympiad held at Kennesaw Jr. College. “Global Understanding program launched.”
1989: NWGGSC Archives Committee founded.
1990: Badge & Sash retail Girl Scout store opens.
1995: Camp Misty Mountain Year-Round Program Center opens. Council hosts Wider Opportunity, “Catch the Olympic Spirit.”
1999: Name changes to Girl Scout Council of Northwest Georgia. Second in nation in cookie sales, selling 3.5 million boxes.
2000: Council moves to Volunteer Service Center on Northeast Expressway.
2001: Land for 271 acre Camp Meriwether purchased. Construction of camp begins.
2005: 50th Annual Girl Scout National Convention held in Atlanta.
2008: Nationwide mergers take place, Girl Scouts of Greater Atlanta formed from Northwest Georgia and Pine Valley Councils. Council moves to 5601 N Allen Rd., Mableton, GA.
2012: 100th birthday of Girl Scouts USA celebrated and 100th anniversary Time capsule buried at Mableton Service Center.